Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Skwala's on a Little River



Woke up to white covered basalt breaks, grabbed a rod, wadered up, and walked a shortly distance to a run Bryan and I hit the day before. The morning is calm and the air chill's my bones, I make a cast and have a fish on,  the guides are accumulating ice, and my hands start to freeze, I head back to the cabin too warm up, wait for the sun to break through the clouds and awaken the troops.  The weather can be radical and change so fast in the desert.
Bryan Huskey with a nice brown. 

Marty, Tegan and I head out for the afternoon bite, the wind is howling down river, priming us for Rooster  fishing in Baja this May.  Marty and I take turns fishing, while Tegan plays with rocks and eats peanut butter pretzels, the joys of being a kid!
Marty ends the day by catching a dandy, with blue iridescent cheeks, on a Skwala. Great way to end a fantastic trip!
Skwala's work wonders.